The German Tradition of Research on the School of Salamanca
- Date: Jun 15, 2022
- Time: 02:30 PM - 04:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Prof. Dr. María Martín Gómez (Faculty of Philosophy, Universidad de Salamanca)
- Location: Max Planck Institute for Legal History and Legal Theory
- Room: mpilhtl Z02, video conference
- Host: Christiane Birr, José Luis Egío, Andreas Wagner
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
María Martín Gómez will present in next colloquium of the research project The School of Salamanca her recent work on the long German tradition of studies on the School of Salamanca. Analysing different writings of Ehrle, Pelster, Stegmüller and Grabmann, among others, Martín will offer an overview of an important research tradition on Salmantine scholasticism in the German speaking area which was a key historiographical contribution for the origin of the concept ‘School of Salamanca’, coined by these historians of theology since the late 19th century. This tradition of research appears in contrast with the first studies dedicated to the School in the Spanish academic context, elaborated by legal historians interested in the long process of emergence of international law.
The colloquium will be held in Spanish.
For further information how to join the video conference please contact email@example.com.