Scholarship for post-doctoral researchers
Our scholarships for post-doctoral researchers are intended to offer you the opportunity of a longer research stay after you have been awarded your PhD in order to continue your research in an international research community and develop new projects in dialogue with our Institute’s researchers and visiting scholars.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, your project must closely relate to one of the current Research Fields of the Institute’s Departments Multidisciplinary Theory of Law (Prof Auer), Historical Regimes of Normativity (Prof Duve) or European and Comparative Legal History (Prof Vogenauer).Your applications needs to be in English and can be be submitted any time via our online application platform but a minimum of six months in advance of the planned research stay.
The application needs to consist of the following documents:
- Research proposal (up to 10,000 characters), including an explanation as to how the project relates the Department’s main research activities
- List of publications
- Names and (postal and email) addresses of two scholars who have agreed to provide references (upon request)
- Three thematically relevant publications of the last five years (as PDFs)
- Copy of the PhD Certificate
- Scan of the completed and signed form ‘Additional Application Details’
The Institute’s scholarship committee decides on all applications at one of its quarterly sessions (January/April/July/October).
Please note that for legal reasons, we can only award scholarships to post-doctoral researchers who are neither employed by a German institution nor ordinarily resident in Germany.