Producing Religious Normative Knowledge: Colonial Life and Canon Law
- Date: Sep 19, 2022
- Time: 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Organisation: Pilar Mejía
- Location: video conference
- Room: For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Host: Dr. María del Pilar Mejía Quiroga
- Contact: email@example.com
The purpose of this Workshop is to prepare the chapters of a book on normative knowledge in the religious field. We will analyse in a transversal way the different forms in which this knowledge was produced in the local territories of Spanish America and the Philippines during the early modern period. Based on the work carried out in the DCH Dictionary, the workshop seeks to explore the diversity of actors, institutions, practices and its knowledge, whose normative dimension had a strong influence in everyday life.
The book will be part of the Brill series “Max Planck Studies in Global Legal History of the Iberian Worlds”.