Prof. Dr. Daniel DamlerAffiliate Researcher
- Analogue normativity and conceptual metaphors in legal history
- Material/visual culture of law
- Foundations of a common science of norms (comparative normative sources research as well as the normative impact research)
- The institutional history of the European expansion
- Institutional history of European colonization (public-private partnership, property)
- History and theory of corporate law
- History of legal drafting
Study of Law, Medieval and Modern History in Tübingen, Frankfurt am Main and Madrid; 2001 First State Examination (Law Degree); 2006 Graduated Dr. jur., Tübingen; 2007 Second State Examination (Law Degree); 2015 Post-doctoral dissertation (Habilitation).
Recipient of “Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes” (German Academic Scholarship Foundation) Scholarship; 2007 Prize of the Reinhold-und-Maria-Teufel-Foundation; 2009 and 2017 Law Book of the Year; 2015 “Sibylle Kalkhof-Rose Prize” awarded by the Academy of Sciences and Literature, Mainz.