Tagung anlässlich des 100. Todestages von Eugen Ehrlich
- Start: Sep 29, 2022 01:15 PM (Local Time Germany)
- End: Sep 30, 2022 12:30 PM
- Location: Max Planck Institute for Legal History and Legal Theory
- Room: Lecture hall of the MPI
- Host: Ralf Seinecke, Marietta Auer
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
100 years after his death, Eugen Ehrlich is perhaps better known than he was then. Today, he is considered a pioneer of legal pluralism, the father of the sociology of law and the founder of the free law movement. Of course, he was no stranger to the world even during his lifetime. But he taught and worked mainly on the fringes of the Habsburg Empire in the Bucovina until World War I drove him from there. The conference on 29 and 30 September 2022 will be devoted to this enigmatic and original figure of the early 20th century in four panels (1.) on Eugen Ehrlich and his historical contexts, (2.) on the reception of Eugen Ehrlich, (3.) on Eugen Ehrlich as a jurist and (4.) on his relevance today.