Global Legal History on the Ground
- Date: Jun 10, 2021
- Time: 04:00 PM - 06:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Juliana Barreto Farias (Universidade do Estado da Bahia- UNILAB)
- Organisation: Mariana Dias Paes, Raquel Sirotti, Maysa Espíndola Souza, Juelma de Matos Ngãla
- Location: video conference
- Room: To receive the Zoom link, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In the third session of the Global Legal History on the Ground project´s Seminar, we will have a presentation by historian Juliana Barreto Farias entitled "There is no captive who does not want to be free: an inquiry into slavery and freedom in Senegal, 19th century."
The historian will discuss aspects of slavery and the paths to freedom in this region of West Africa.