Regionalización y traducción cultural del derecho Canónico en Indias?
- Start: Feb 3, 2021 03:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- End: Feb 5, 2021 05:00 PM
- Organisation: Pilar Mejía
- Location: video conference
- Room: For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How was legal knowledge in the religious field translated and reproduced in the particular socio-cultural contexts of Hispanic America during the early modern period?
Departing from this question, and going through the different dictionary entries that have been published to date, this DCH Workshop seeks to inquire about the different elements that characterise the processes of regionalisation and cultural translation of canon law in the New World. Among them, we will discuss the early modern debates between jurists and theologians, the new forms of normative production, and the particularities of procedural and criminal canon law in Hispanic America, as well as new historiographical perspectives in this field.
Photo: © Christiane Birr