RESISTANCE. Rebellion and Resistance in the Iberian Empires, 16th-19th centuries
RESISTANCE (778076-H2020-MSCA-RISE-2017) is a 4 year-long project of scientific international cooperation funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme. RESISTANCE is a Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE) project within the framework of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA), meaning its scope is to promote international and inter-sectoral cooperation through research and innovation staff exchanges, specially short-term mobility. RESISTANCE started its activities in June 2018.
RESISTANCE intends to address processes of resistance carried out by social and institutional actors that have been historically disadvantaged, discriminated against, and dominated in the context of Iberian Empires. In order to accomplish it, the project adopts a comparative approach between different spaces and chronologies, comprising Iberian territories in Europe, America, Asia and Africa from 1500 to 1850.
Researchers and technical professionals that participate of RESISTANCE are expected to engage in short-term missions to institutions that are part of the project. During their period of exchange, participants should develop activities related to one of RESISTANCE’s main themes:
- Outbreaks of resistance
- Everyday forms of resistance
- Resistance and cultural practices
- Communication: educational and through media.
The project contemplates the elaboration and contribution to several scientific activities: symposia, workshops, publications, databases, interviews, and pedagogical material.
As a partner institution of RESISTANCE, mpilhlt involves researchers and doctoral students in an academic network, which encompasses the following universities and research institutions:
- Universidade de Évora (Portugal)
- Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas – Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal)
- Universidad de Cantabria (Spain)
- Instituto de Ciências Sociais – Universidade de Lisboa (Portugal)
- Max-Planck-Institut für Rechtsgeschichte und Rechtstheorie (Germany)
- ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (Portugal)
- Universidad de Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (Spain)
- Universidad Nacional de La Plata (Argentina)
- Universidade de Cabo Verde (Cape Verde)
- El Colegio de Michoacán (Mexico)
- Universidade Federal da Bahia (Brazil)
- Brown University (USA)
More information can be found at the official webpage of RESISTANCE.
A presentation video about the project is available here.