Lecture: Roma communis patria
- Date: Dec 10, 2012
- Time: 06:00 PM c.t. (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Prof. Dr. Emanuele Conte
- Università degli Studi “Roma Tre”, Roma
- Location: Max Planck Institute for European Legal History
- Room: Lecture hall of the MPI
The real city and the myth of Rome did play an important role in the process of renewal that marked the European civilization in the 12th Century. The papal Curia made a clear choice for Roman legal procedure during the schism of 1130-40, while in Bologna Bulgarus had just founded his school. Roman procedure and Roman ideas of private law started very early to be used in practice by the papal curia.
The exposition will be held in English. Guests are welcome!